Russian gamer recreates a real-life working Half-Life 2 city scanner drone
- In the video game Half-Life 2, the "city scanner" drones are small flying drones that take your picture for big brother reconnaissance
- Maker Valentin Demchenko recreates the flying drone complete with flashing lights and animatronic effects
- The drone was scratch-built and use the DJI Naza-M Lite Flight Controller (no GPS) as its brain
Russian gamer Valentin Demchenko recreates an impressive real-life working Half-Life 2 city scanner drone, complete with moving animatronic ‘fins’ and a mock flashing camera light.
The size of the drone is about 55cm tall and 80cm high. The main building materials are carbon fiber and polysyytrene.
The main components are:
- Flight Controller DJI Naza-M Lite (No GPS)
- AX-2810Q-750KV Brushless Quadcopter Motors
- Afro ESC 30Amp
- Three-bladed screws 9″
- Battery: 3300mAh 4S 30C
Awesome work Valentin, truly impressive build and the attention to detail is incredible.